[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11648: Feature: Add datepicker to date and datetime fields in TCEFORMS

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Aug 6 21:05:52 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is my final version, taken all comments into account. I reattached
> the icon for typo3/gfx again so you don't have to search for.
>
> I wrote settings in php (tceforms) so it's easy to change, add
> dependencies or extend. This is written in settings:
> * picker icon (skinnable)
> * USmode (cleaner than using the evalFunc-object)
> * date formats (maybe later we can use the formats from config)
> * use datepicker (possible to add a switch for disable later)
>
> I also used a class construct in JS as Benni suggested. I removed the
> "align" property, so picker is aligned automatically (there was an issue
> that picker was cut on left side). Also the value of textfield is used
> for initialize the picker.
>
> I tested on all major browsers (FF, IE8, Chrome, Safari) - all on Windows.
>
> vg Steffen

+1 on testing on the Mac in Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome with and
without t3skin and with and without USmode.

There are a few things that would nice to improve in the future but
after talking with Steffen, its not currently worth the amount of effort
that would be required.  Just writing them down for future reference...

* Date + Time fields always have the time set to 0:00 regardless of
whether the field was blank or had an existing date and time
* The Today button shows the current date and time when hovered, but
only the current date with a time of 0:00 is inserted. This is a little
misleading

Thanks for the patch!
Jeff