[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11648: Feature: Add datepicker to date and datetime fields in TCEFORMS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 6 14:34:55 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> looks way better now, less intrusive.
> However I now thought about something, I didn't think of in the first
> place:
> Did you ever have a look at the existing date picker extensions? AFAIK
> they all modify TCEforms in a way that they directly render the
> datepicker image from PHP. I'd say that would be desirable for this
> solution, too
>   * to have a common place where the HTML is coming from and
>   * to not cause confusion when debugging
>   * that way I gues we could also load the JS for the datepicker only
> when needed (in case a TCEform does not have any date fields) (optional
> for now)

i agree to allow using a different icon. This can easy be done by
defining it in TCEFORMS using TBE_STYLES.

> Additionally I noticed that when a field has a date set already and you
> trigger the date picker, that date is not selected in the date picker.
> Instead the current day is selected.

yes, one bad while doing this manually. I will fix this issue.

> One more thing which is possibly not related to this issue:
> Please see the attached screenshot, AFAIR we fixed that alignment issue
> already, is that a regression?

the alignment of checkboxes is fixed (see the other checkboxes,
vertical-align: middle;) What is missing (and this all the time) is an
align of the inputs.

vg Steffen