[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11648: Feature: Add datepicker to date and datetime fields in TCEFORMS

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Aug 5 16:12:53 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

>> please see the attached screenshots
>> * you're modifying the style of the input fields
>
> not me, extJS does it. It's a converted testfield.

well, you made the patch, you changed it. Don't blame ExtJs.

>> * in Safari 4, the icon is not showing up
>
> i tested in Safari on Windows and Fabien on Mac, the icon was visible.
> Be sure your cleared your cache!

I did clear the cache, even disabled it through the developer menu.

>> * you obviously did not test your patch without t3skin
>>

> this is a general problem, as the ExtJS theme resides in t3skin.

so fix it. Concerning ExtJs in general: There's still no t3skin version
for ExtJs in sight - what about that, did that task get lost when adding
ExtJs to the core?

> the patch was tested from 3 persons on different OS / Browsers before i
> sent it here.

well, then they didn't test it enough either or they just didn't find
these issues (which is basically the same as not testing enough)

Ingo

P.S. I'm a bit annoyed by all that sloppiness in case you didn't notice
yet. This is not the way I expect core developers to act/work.

--
Ingo Renner