[TYPO3-core] RFC #11611: Add feature condition on the includeCSS / includeJS

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sat Aug 1 22:18:37 CEST 2009

Hi Bastian,

Bastian Waidelich schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> did you searched before? have a look to #6421 in this list.
>
> I'm replying to this thread cause the original issue is not in my local
> folders anymore.
>
> I'm surprised about the conservative reactions back then..
> Conditional comments has become some kind of standard (at least if you
> want/need to support IE6). Using page.headerData to include CSS/JS is
> nothing but a hack.

After reading the thread of #6421 that's my feeling, too. Using
conditions here does not make much sense since the page cache elements
will be multiplied by the number of conditions...

> Maybe you guys can accept an alternative:
> Instead of:
> page.includeJS {
>     file1 = fileadmin/test.js
>     file1.condition = lte IE 6
> }
>
> what about:
> page.includeJS {
>     file1 = fileadmin/test.js
>     wrap = <!--[if lte IE 6]> | <!--[if lte IE 6]>
> }

I think it's fine to just allow stdWrap here that adds some more
possibilities to modify these resources - example:

page.includeJS {
  file1 = fileadmin/file1.js
  file1.allWrap.wrap = <!--[if IE 6]> | <![endif]-->
}

olly
--
Oliver Hader