[TYPO3-core] RFC #11611: Add feature condition on the includeCSS / includeJS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Aug 1 11:31:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

Bastian Waidelich schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> did you searched before? have a look to #6421 in this list.
>
> I'm replying to this thread cause the original issue is not in my local
> folders anymore.
>
> I'm surprised about the conservative reactions back then..
> Conditional comments has become some kind of standard (at least if you
> want/need to support IE6). Using page.headerData to include CSS/JS is
> nothing but a hack.

it was my opinion too, that's why i came up with the patch.
And regarding to my new header/footer class page rendering should be
aware of what it's render (CSS, JS etc) headerData is just a black box
where you can put all in and noone knows what's in, no possibility for
later manipulation.

I'm fine with adding condition for the beloved IE, my opinion didn't
changed since that time.

vg Steffen