[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10550: Listview: default limits are hardcoded

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Apr 27 00:27:25 CEST 2009

Hello !

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Christian Kuhn schrieb:
[...]
>>> mod.web_list.itemsLimitSingleTable = 50
>>> mod.web_list.itemsLimitPerTable = 10
>> Nice patch. I had something similar in mind.
>
> i would like to use same naming in config and php for better
> understanding. Both names are not selfexplaining, that's what the
> documentation is for.

I also opt for using the same names which have been used in the db_list
class for the TSconfig values.

>> 2. If TCA maxSingleDBListItems / maxDBListItems is set for a table, use
>> this.
>> 3. If mod.web_list.itemsLimitSingleTable /
>> mod.web_list.itemsLimitPerTable is set, use this.

Also here I join Steffens choice for switching 2. and 3.
If an admin sets the number-of-records via TSConfig it should overrule
the TCA value. For two reasons:
* Not every admin digs into TCA
* TSconfig can be clever set on a per-page, or per-user level

>> Anyway, +1 on reading and testing, also if my remarks are not taken into
>> account.

Count me in ... "+1" from me ;)

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919