[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #10953: Validation issue: <a> attribute "href" lacks value in shortcut menu

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Apr 24 13:22:03 CEST 2009

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
>>> I think it might be ok to say "TYPO3 BE requires IE7 or later".
>>
>> Tell this my customers. Sadly it's not ok to drop support for IE6 with a
>> certain clients.
>
> I know it's a tough decision.
> We too got clients (pattern seems to be: the bigger the client, the
> older the IE) that use IE6.

Right.

> But this slows down development massively, so at least we would tell
> those clients "if you want to keep the latest TYPO3 version, you need to
> either upgrade to IE7 or use an alternative browser.

or "stick to your current version of TYPO3". 4.2 ain't bad, yet I think
we should support IE6 one more time for 4.3. 4.3 will be supported for
quite some time and if there is a demand by those IE6 addicts, support
can go on even longer than usual. Perhaps long after the support for 4.4
has been stopped :)

I've seen companies that allowed other browsers beside IE6 and others
that didn't. I even encountered desperate tries to sneak in FF when it
was forbidden ;)

Masi