[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #10953: Validation issue: <a> attribute "href" lacks value in shortcut menu

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Apr 24 13:01:00 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
>> I think it might be ok to say "TYPO3 BE requires IE7 or later".
>
> Tell this my customers. Sadly it's not ok to drop support for IE6 with a
> certain clients.

I know it's a tough decision.
We too got clients (pattern seems to be: the bigger the client, the
older the IE) that use IE6.

But this slows down development massively, so at least we would tell
those clients "if you want to keep the latest TYPO3 version, you need to
either upgrade to IE7 or use an alternative browser.
Since not all desktops in those companies need BE access this could at
least lead to some sort of emphasis about updating the environment.

Maybe it would help to take a look at other CMS... do they all work
properly on IE6?
If they do, we too need to stick to it, if not...

Still tough, though...

cheers
Mathias