[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Apr 19 22:25:00 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Feature
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10919

>> The MULTIMEDIA-CE is a bit outdated and doesn't give much possibilities
>> for streaming data as done in modern websites.
>
> I tried the patch with a local .mov file. What I don't understand is why
> I had to check the "Use Player" option and to choose explicitly the
> "Render type" quicktime. Shouldn't this be possible to derive from the
> file extension?

Aha, the "render type" seems to mean the technology used. So "Quicktime"
doesn't refer to the file format but the browser plugin. I suggest to
rename the options to "QuickTime browser plugin" and "Shockwave Flash
browser plugin". If "Embed Object" is to mean "HTML embed element", it
should also be renamed. *

Maybe I should read the docs, but I like the UI a bit more intuitive :)

Masi

* I tried to use "Embed Object" with my local .mov. With "Use player" I
got nothing (no rendered HTML code). Without the checboxed ticked I got
the SWFobject, but it wouldn't show any video.