[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Apr 19 18:43:38 CEST 2009

Franz Koch schrieb:

> I'm looking forward to a new MultimediaCE - it's quite about time. I had
> a look at the demos on the website and at the diff - looks good so far,
> but there are some things that in my eyes could be done better/different
> in order to be more future proof and more flexible. I'm just writing
> down stuff that could be considered when going the step to introduce a
> new CE - don't see them as criticism or alike.

I have also some issues, which I think might be taken into
consideration. I agree with some of your points, but let's take this
step by step. "text with media" is fine, but actually it has little to
do with a "media" CE.

> That much for now. Maybe the discussion about that should be done in
> dev-list.

There is already a long tread on this list. Of course we can discuss
things longer, but don't let the code die in endless threads.

I'll try to dissect the patch and have a look at the lib you mentioned.

Masi

PS: The patch already allows for custom rendering of media files. So
you're not bound to use the code provided (although not with services).