[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Apr 19 13:03:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

Branches: trunk

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10919

The MULTIMEDIA-CE is a bit outdated and doesn't give much possibilities
for streaming data as done in modern websites.

This attached solution adds a new MEDIA-CE that enables a lot of new
possibilities:
Flash player is added, Media can be streamed with SWFobject, Quicktime
can be streamed with QTobject

The MULTIMEDIA isn't removed (only the CE is hidden). The Media is a
dispatcher, where you can choose the type of render (flash (SWFOBJECT),
quicktime (QTOBJECT), embed (MULTIMEDIA) [and userdefined types by hook]

I've written a manual (which needs some proofreading and additions)
attached to Bugtracker, also a demo extension to show how to use the hooks.

The flashmedia.zip needs to be extracted in typo3/contrib.
The flvplayer is an own compilation, so it's called "TYPO3 Media Player"
The audioplayer is 1pixelout and free, license file is added.

I did some Demos which can be viewed here:
http://dev.sk-typo3.de/new-multimedia-element.html

vg Steffen