[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10706: Usability: Remove "Save and View" when creating records in sysfolders

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Apr 17 13:05:51 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Ismaël Bidau schrieb:

>>> There is at least one "reasonable functionality".
>>> You can create sysfolder for tt_news and add tx_ttnews.singlePid = 123
>>> in PageTSConfig.
>>
>> The singlePid feature is AFAIK part of the Core. So the checks should be
>> "are we on a sys folder" and "do we have a singlePid for the curren
>> table".
>>
>> Masi
>
> i searched complete source for "singlePid" with no results. Where should
> it be handled? IMHO this is an extension specific setting, but i don't
> see any hook for the view url.

I'm sorry it's popViewId and popViewId_addParams that are part of the
Core. They are query parameters supported by alt_doc.php.

In LIVE this works ok for tt_news. In WS it doesn't work well (and is
turned off by tt_news) because of diff window that is shown instead of
the normal preview. TYPO3 has a weird way to report the uid, so in the
end you don't really know if you get the uid of the live record or the
one of the WS. Drats.

Anyway, this means that you have probably to check with $this->popViewId
(within alt_doc.php) or with t3lib_div::_GP('popViewId') (anywhere else)
if a view page is configured for that table.

Masi