[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Apr 9 20:00:18 CEST 2009

Hi!

Francois Suter wrote:
> I'm ready to commit this one, but I'm worried because of the impact on
> RealURL. People trying the TYPO3 trunk without a patched version of
> RealURL will get errors. OTOH changing the column size of
> tx_realurl_chashcache.chash_string has no adverse effect on existing
> installations, so it could be done without harm to sites using short MD5s.
>
> Dmitry, your opinion? Could you release quickly a modified version of
> RealURL?

I plan to change RealURL to use full md5s everywhere. But RealURL now is not in the state when it can be released. Trunk works but if I release it now, people will find it confusing and difficult. There is certain experimental code that I added there but now I think it should be removed (the idea worked but not as expected). So it will take time.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/typo3-seo-keep-your-links-working.html