[TYPO3-core] IRRE long titles on groupdb fields are displayed wrong (<span title)

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Apr 9 13:41:02 CEST 2009

Hi Nabil.

Nabil Saleh wrote:
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10823
>
> Problem:
> If the type of the relation is groupdb the title is displayed wrong. The
> title is croped twice.
>
> "<span title=" is prefixed to the title.
>
> Solution:
> Only crop once.

Thanks for the patch!

Reading the source the problem is obvious:
if !groupdb
	$recTitle = getProcessedValueExtra    (no prep / crop)
else
	$recTitle = getRecordTitle    (calls prep / crop)
$recTitle = getRecordTitlePrep    (explicit prep / crop)

So your solution is fine, here is my +1 on reading.

The bug is buried deep in irre, it would be great if you could provide a
simple "How to reproduce" or even better a tiny test extension next
time. Maybe you could just strip down the extension where this problem
occurred for you. This will make it much easier to actually test the bug
and the solution.

Thanks
Christian