[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9401: Using debug for sqlDebug

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Sep 22 15:52:08 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Jeff Segars wrote:
>>> Would it make sense to use t3lib_div::debug() instead of just debug()
>>> so that SQL errors are hidden behing the devIPMask like other messages?
>>
>> debug() also uses that mask.
>>

> yes, and t3lib_div::debug isn't catchable with eg cc_debug

Oops, looks like I got things backwards :)  The check against devIPMask
is in debug(), which in turn calls t3lib_div::debug() so calling the
t3lib_div version would bypass the devIPMask (and cause the problems
Steffen mention).

In that case, all looks good to me.  Committed to trunk in rev. 4164
with the small label change that Dmitry suggested.

Thanks,
Jeff