[TYPO3-core] RFC #9400: Integrate jb_status_code in the TYPO3 core

Andreas Wolf typo3ml at andreaswolf.info
Mon Sep 22 09:19:34 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Andreas Wolf wrote:
>> Well, what Susanne moved to the LL file is only the text visible to
>> the BE user. Though I doubt if it is really useful to translate
>> these texts, the overall direction is correct: The code sent to the
>> browser is still taken from t3lib_div::HTTP_STATUS_xxx. Just have a
>> look at l. 533, there you'll see that the constant is used when
>> calling t3lib_div::redirect().
>
> I saw all that. This is what causes trouble. There will be questions
> from translators: should they translate it or not? It looks exactly
> as HTTP headers. I would rather want better texts:
>
> - Moved permanently (301) - ....
>
> It should be human-redable, not programmer-understandable. We are
> heading to a better HCI, we should introduce new technical strings to
> the interface.

I also thought about having better texts, so I'm +1 with you here.

Btw., we should perhaps disallow usage of Code 302 - it may cause a
problem called URL hijacking with most search engines. See [1]
(unfortunately only in German) for details. Unfortunately what the
English wikipedia [2] says about URL hijacking is something completely
different - they use it as a term for typosquatting, which is in no way
any similar...

Cheers

Andreas

[1] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL-Hijacking