[TYPO3-core] RFC #9400: Integrate jb_status_code in the TYPO3 core

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 22 07:22:55 CEST 2008

Hi!

Andreas Wolf wrote:
> Well, what Susanne moved to the LL file is only the text visible to the
> BE user. Though I doubt if it is really useful to translate these texts,
> the overall direction is correct: The code sent to the browser is still
> taken from t3lib_div::HTTP_STATUS_xxx.
> Just have a look at l. 533, there you'll see that the constant is used
> when calling t3lib_div::redirect().

I saw all that. This is what causes trouble. There will be questions from translators: should they translate it or not? It looks exactly as HTTP headers. I would rather want better texts:

- Moved permanently (301)
- ....

It should be human-redable, not programmer-understandable. We are heading to a better HCI, we should introduce new technical strings to the interface.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team