[TYPO3-core] RFC #9400: Integrate jb_status_code in the TYPO3 core

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Sep 21 20:51:56 CEST 2008

Hey,

Francois Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> btw giving a -1 for this small issue sounds a bit hard for the patcher
>> as such thing would be same without an +1 ;-)
>
> Please don't mix things up. A -1 is not a veto. It's just a mark of
> disapproval not a total refusal.
yes. But if you see the other RFCs, most people say "Please fix X and Y,
and I'll have a look at it again" instead of putting a -1 down. I think
that was his concern.

We all know that -1 is not a veto, but it just sounds way harsher for
the patch writers than a "I had quick look over the code, I like the
idea, please change A to B...". At least that's my impression.
Communication over mails is a bit harder than real life, we know :)

--
All the best,
benni.