[TYPO3-core] RFC #9284: Feature: tt_content.starttime/endtime have now effect on caching

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Sep 18 14:54:49 CEST 2008

Martin Holtz schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature (or Bug, i am not sure)
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9284
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4_TRUNK
>
> Problem:
> Page Cache is generated today at 10.00,
> without other configuration page cache is valid until tomorrow 10.00
> if an content element on that page has starttime today 11.00, it will shown
> up on that page tomorrow at 10.00
>
> When TYPO3 looks up if there is a cache entry, it makes a join with pages
> and cache_pages. So starttime and endtime etc of pages has an effect. But
> tt_content or other elements not. I thought the best way is not to change
> that query, but to change expire timestamp of the cache entry.
>
> Solution:
> before writing page cache with expire timestamp, we look up on that page, if
> there is a content element which has an starttime or an endtime withing
> today 10.00 and tomorrow 10.00. If there is one, the page expire timestamp
> will set to that timestamp.

There is some code in tslib_content that calcualtes the last-update time
for the page. Can we not use a similar approach to calcualte the the
cache time? This would reflect better the elements that are shown on the
page rather then an arbitrary SELECT on all tt_content rows found.

But +1 for the idea.

Masi