[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2300: [TS] Condition hostname doesn't work

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Mon Sep 15 20:26:37 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 9/15/08 12:35 PM:

> The condition [hostname = www.domain.com]
> doesn't work.
>
> Reason for that is the kind of comparison
>
> As it's compared with t3lib_div::cmpFQDN it doesn't work:
> In this function the IP is resolved with gethostbyaddr() which is in
> most cases not equal to the domain available in HTTP_HOST.
>
> I changed the comparison so that this works for me on several servers.
>
> This is a very old Bug and i stumbled today over this, i wonder why not
> more people complained.

-1 from me: you totally change the intention of the comparison by your
change. The original condition checks the domain name of the client (via
REMOTE_ADDR); your version checks the domain name of the server (via
HTTP_HOST).

I don't have access to the bugtracker at the moment, but maybe the
originator of the issue had the same misunderstanding.

Additionally your patch lacks support for wildcards in the hostname (as
documented in TSref and PHPDoc in class t3lib_div).

Nevertheless, at least the documentation of that condition needs some
change.

Regards
Thorsten

--