[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2300: [TS] Condition hostname doesn't work

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Sep 15 18:36:00 CEST 2008

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Steffen,
>
> also, if I read this correctly, I see this.
>
> Before your patch:
> t3lib_div::cmpFQDN(t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('REMOTE_ADDR'))
>
> Do a reverse DNS Lookup on the IP address of the client.
>
> After your patch:
> See if the host matches the servers HTTP_HOST variable.
>
> So, the behaviour before was the CLIENTs Host name, after that is the
> SERVERs host name? or do I miss something here?

you got me ...

You are absolutely right, hostname is to get the clients hostname.

So as the expression with IENV:HTTP_HOST is more complex (no
commaseparated values) i would say
* add description in TSref that hostname is the *client* hostname
* new patch with new condition, eg "servername=" comparing with HTTP_HOST

vg Steffen