[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9097: Introduce a new caching framework (backported from FLOW3)

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon Sep 15 09:48:01 CEST 2008

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>
> Hi Olly
>
>> Thanks for that great stuff. However, I've some remarks... ;-)
>> * the test extension you provided has wrong SQL default values for the
>> INT fields "crdate" and "lifetime" -> should be "0" instead of "''"
>
> come on, you're kidding, right? It's the demo extension ;)

Sorry, I'm not... :-)
The demo is extension is great for testing the new feature and
could/should be used by others for reviewing and testing to save some
time on implementing a test on their own. Of course it's not part of the
piece of code to be voted, but would be nice if it works "out of the
box" and could be used as kind of tutorial by extension developers...

>> * class.t3lib_cache_backend_memcached.php does not implement the
>> abstract method "findEntriesByTags(array $tags)" yet
>> * the memcache server array expects each server to be defined with
>> something like "<server>:<port>", however it should work also with
>> "<server>" only which uses the default port 11211 then - see PHP
>> documentation on that
>
> I can't test the memcached backend as I don't have a memcached
> environment around - we could leave that out for now or just commit it
> as is and do a bugfix as soon as someone using it stumbles ovr it (maybe
> ;) )

Oh, it's not that time-consuming to set up one - but I could take that
memcached task...

>> * What do you think about a note/hint in the header comment of each
>> file that that stuff was ported to TYPO3 4.x from FLOW3?
>
> we could do that, but I don't see any value in it (yet)

It shows that work was done by others and was originally taken from
FLOW3. IMO it makes things easier to filter FLOW3 parts in TYPO3 4.x and
compare changes at a later date.

>> +1 to integrate this in TYPO3 4.3
>
> what kind of +1 on this? Is this a +1 go commit +1 if I find another
> reviewer?

Since there is no additonal "if you find another reviewer" it was a "go
commit".

olly
--
Oliver Hader