[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9097: Introduce a new caching framework (backported from FLOW3)

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Sep 12 19:56:22 CEST 2008

Oliver Hader wrote:

Hi Olly

> Thanks for that great stuff. However, I've some remarks... ;-)
> * the test extension you provided has wrong SQL default values for the
> INT fields "crdate" and "lifetime" -> should be "0" instead of "''"

come on, you're kidding, right? It's the demo extension ;)

> * class.t3lib_cache_backend_memcached.php does not implement the
> abstract method "findEntriesByTags(array $tags)" yet
> * the memcache server array expects each server to be defined with
> something like "<server>:<port>", however it should work also with
> "<server>" only which uses the default port 11211 then - see PHP
> documentation on that

I can't test the memcached backend as I don't have a memcached
environment around - we could leave that out for now or just commit it
as is and do a bugfix as soon as someone using it stumbles ovr it (maybe
;) )

> * What do you think about a note/hint in the header comment of each file
> that that stuff was ported to TYPO3 4.x from FLOW3?

we could do that, but I don't see any value in it (yet)

> +1 to integrate this in TYPO3 4.3

what kind of +1 on this? Is this a +1 go commit +1 if I find another
reviewer?

best
Ingo

--