[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4033: TCEFORM altLabels & addItems don't change labels in page module

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Sep 8 06:44:36 CEST 2008

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Although I did not like that, I thought of something different: One
> TSconfig modifier for all the issues:
>
> TCA.pages.subtitle.altLabel = Additional Text
>
> and then, if somebody needed something specific for a module, he'd do:
>
> mod_weblist.TCA.pages.subtitle.altLabel = Subtitle for List Modlue.

I like this idea a lot. At the moment it's nearly impossible to get
consistent labels throughout the backend.

> This way, we have a clear abstract of everthing.
>
> However, in order for this to work (of course, both in userTS and
> pageTSconfig), we'd need
>
> a) a nice API to access the TSconfig directly for a specific module
> b) provide backwards compatibility for the then-outdated TCEFORMs
> c) implement this "TSconfig" override options not just for TCEFORMs but
> also for the list, info, and web module.
>
> What do you think?

I think it will be a lot of work ;). The first point is perhaps the most
important one. I was searching for quite some time how I could access
TSconfig the easy way. So I would really like to help implementing
something like that as long as someone can point me in the right
direction to begin with.

Thanks for caring,

Susanne