[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4033: TCEFORM altLabels & addItems don't change labels in page module

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Sep 7 17:52:42 CEST 2008

Hey Susanne,

yeah, I had a similar patch, where the TCEFORM altLabels did not respect
the list module header rows. This "bug" annoyed me greatly. I sent in a
patch but it never got into the core, reason:
TCEFORM is only for the tceforms. For the others. we'd need different
mod_weblayout.altLabels...

Although I did not like that, I thought of something different: One
TSconfig modifier for all the issues:

TCA.pages.subtitle.altLabel = Additional Text

and then, if somebody needed something specific for a module, he'd do:

mod_weblist.TCA.pages.subtitle.altLabel = Subtitle for List Modlue.

This way, we have a clear abstract of everthing.

However, in order for this to work (of course, both in userTS and
pageTSconfig), we'd need

a) a nice API to access the TSconfig directly for a specific module
b) provide backwards compatibility for the then-outdated TCEFORMs
c) implement this "TSconfig" override options not just for TCEFORMs but
also for the list, info, and web module.

What do you think?

--
All the best,
benni.