[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4033: TCEFORM altLabels & addItems don't change labels in page module

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Sep 7 13:33:31 CEST 2008

Hi

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Feature (or Bugfix? more like a feature)

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4033
and http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8605

Branches:
trunk

If you change a label with TSconfig in TCEFORM it will not be changed in
  Web>Page view. That is confusing and quite illogical from my point of
view. Even though TCEFORM does only change values in a form those chosen
values should be displayed like selected.

For example: If you have this TSconfig
TCEFORM.tt_content.section_frame.altLabels.1 = myframe

you would select "myframe" in the form and after saving you'll get
"invisible" (that was the original name) displayed in page module.
Additionally items added with addItems aren't displayed at all.

Solution:
I changed the method for fetching the labels so that it takes TSconfig
into account. Additionally I added the solution from the bug report for
changing and displaying the labels of the CType (as this is not done in
the same method).

As I was a bit lost in the TYPO3 core there are probably a lot of things
not as they should be but it works as expected. Please point out any
errors or style mistakes, I'll be happy to fix them.

Regards,

Susanne