[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #9275: TypoScript objects CONTENT and RECORDS do not respect localization of table pages

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Sep 3 10:58:30 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> I have a question about the remaining comment about
> transOrigPointerTable which confuses me. Does it mean that if this
> Parameter is set that it won't work? What is the sense of this field as
> it can brake so much? In case of pages transForeignTable points to
> pages_language_overlay, and ctrl of this table has transOrigPointerTable
>  pointing to table - it seems superfluous to me, or do i miss something?

No, it's just redundancy so you can do things on both ends of the
relation. If TCEmain has something to with pages_language_overlay it
will now that it is related to pages and vice versa. The point is that
the function works on *one* table so the information hast to be stored
in the TCA of both tables.

Masi