[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #9275: TypoScript objects CONTENT and RECORDS do not respect localization of table pages

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Sep 3 10:32:13 CEST 2008

Hi olly,

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Problem:
> Imagine someone wants to display the localized title of a page in FE by
> the RECORDS object in TypoScript - example:
>
> temp.pageTitle = RECORDS
> temp.pageTitle {
>   source = pages_123
>   tables = pages
>   conf.pages = TEXT
>   conf.pages {
>     field = title
>   }
> }
>
> In tslib_cObj there's a call to
> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_page->getRecordOverlay() which won't work for
> pages, since pages have an own table for localization stuff - thus
> getPageOverlay() would be correct for the table 'pages' in the RECORDS
> and CONTENT TS-object. However using getPageOverlay() will only be a
> specific solution for pages - the bug is, that the TCA ctrl property
> 'transForeignTable' seems not to be implemented yet.
>
> Solution:
> Implement the missing functionality for
> $TCA[<table>]['ctrl']['transForeignTable'] in
> t3lib_pageSelect::getRecordOverlay() to fetch record overlay information
> from a foreign table.
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9275
>
> Branches: TYPO3_4-2, Trunk
>

> olly

great that you implemented this method. I didn't tested it yet, but +1
from reading.

I have a question about the remaining comment about
transOrigPointerTable which confuses me. Does it mean that if this
Parameter is set that it won't work? What is the sense of this field as
it can brake so much? In case of pages transForeignTable points to
pages_language_overlay, and ctrl of this table has transOrigPointerTable
  pointing to table - it seems superfluous to me, or do i miss something?

vg Steffen