[TYPO3-core] RFC #9262: Feature: Adding counting classes to table rows/columns in RTE

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Sep 3 03:13:46 CEST 2008

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the proposed patch.

> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-2 & trunk
Since this is a new feature, it can only go into trunk.

> Problem:
> Tables in RTE have no counting rows/columns CSS class feature as content
> type table has.
>
> [...]
>
> Solution:
> A patch which implements the counting classes the same way the
> alternating feature in the RTE is attached.

The proposed patch did not work correctly when rows/columns were
added/removed from the table. Rows or cells could end up with multiple
counting classes.

I am attaching a modified patch. Please test it against trunk. You need
to test various operations on rows and columns of the table, and verify
that the resulting class assignments are correct across the table. You
will also need to use counting class names that are not substrings of
other class names (something with the word "count" in it would be a good
choice).

Regards,
Stanislas