[TYPO3-core] RFC #9632: Bug: Multiple fileuploads into folders with special characters (umlauts) not possible

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Oct 30 10:16:45 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> you don't need to instanciate t3lib_cs, you can use already existing
> instance:
>
> $this->target =
> $GLOBALS['LANG']->csConvObj->conv($this->target,'utf-8',$GLOBALS['LANG']->charSet);
>

> $GLOBALS['LANG']->csConvObj hols the instance of t3lib_cs

I'm planning to turn t3lib_cs into a singleton, which it is *. It's
stateless and we currently have to do the tedious passing along you
suggested.

So I think the patch can stay as it is.

Masi

* This will rid us of some peculiarities in t3lib_div which checks for
$LANG and other things of the BE and FE which it shouldn't do.