[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Oct 29 14:54:32 CET 2008

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> eol-style=native? Does that mean, whoever checks out the sources will
>> get the eol-style of his machine? Sounds good, but for TYPO3 I think we
>> should stick to LF. All (good) Windows tools can read Unix-EOL anyway.
>
> Yes, why bother with Unix-EOL when your tool may convert this on-the-fly
> when you commit? Just use your native EOL and let SVN handle whatever
> EOL style is needed on the repository or on other plateforms.

We usually have the following properties set on all text files in SVN:
	svn:eol-style = LF
	svn:keywords = "Author Date Id Revision"

Even though eol-style=native can be practical, I also think there's an
advantage in having always the same EOL style (LF) regardless on all
platforms. One example is extensions downloaded from one system to the
other: They would have a different EOL style when transfered from a
Winodws to a Linux machine.

Therefore I think it makes sense to stick with LF.

I just added our standard SVN properties to all files which were still
lacking it:
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/typo3v4-core/4382

cheers
Ingmar