[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #9625: Integrate possibility to extend TCEforms palettes easily

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 29 10:42:20 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 29.10.2008 08:36:

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> I forgot to mention that I followed Ingo's suggestion and renamed the
>> function to addFieldsToAllPalettesOfField().
>
> That function name sounds a bit... erm... stupid actually. Where
> else can you add palettes? Only to fields. It does not make sense to
> use such name. It is long and cannot be remembered easily. I say
> that naming the function like that is equivalent to naming it
> addFieldsToAllPalettesOfTCATYPO3Field(). Why not? It is even more
> clear for dummies... And same hard to remember.
>
> Rational thinking is not there, definitely.

I wouldn't be so rude before taking a look at the patch and reading what
the thread and the patch is about.

I think the name is ok, because it makes clear that we are talking about
adding new items to a specific palette and not to all palettes. Consider
that the patch adds not only this function:

addFieldsToAllPalettesOfField() (add to all palettes for a specfic field)

	but also this one:

addFieldsToAllPalettes() (add to all palettes)

So if you have a better suggestion for the naming of both functions, you
should have done so in a constructive way instead of ranting about
stupidity and rational thinking.

Cheers,
Ernesto