[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Tue Oct 28 15:35:31 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> Hi Xavier,
>>
>> Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
>>> It seems that this great patch will vanish in the air, what a pity!
>>>
>>> At last, I would find great if the "openid" extension key could be
>>> released. I think that I will eventually have another look at the code
>>> to see why it needs to be a sysext. And if nothing comes up, I'll take
>>> this code and put in under whatever "openid" extension key I find in
>>> order to let people benefit of this great work.
>>>
>>> I feel a bit unhappy to see that even good contributions are lost.
>> No need to do this, since I'd like to see OpenID as part of TYPO3 4.3
>> and it's also on the list of features for the next version.
>>
>> However, there are some unfinished things (after most of the issues Ingo
>> pointed out have been changed in my patch from 2008-10-22):
>> * random number generator defined to Auth_OpenID_RAND_SOURCE - this
>> should be checked by the security team again for possible issues
>
> IMHO this is now show stopper for an alpha release.
>
>> * naming issue $authentificationInformation vs. $authenticationInformation
>
> Definitely $authenticationInformation ("authentification" is no English
> word).
>
>> * store OpenId information in database instead of using the filesystem
>
> An issue that can be changed later.
>
>> * naming issue of $available in tx_openid_sv1::init() (e.g.
>> $serviceAvailable)
>
> Nitpicking that can be changed later.
>
>> * Why is the final FE user authentication implemented to use AJAX and is
>> there a complement in the back-end?
>
> Odd, but that doesn't hold up the patch,
>
>> As you can see, the patch is almost ready to be committed...
>
> I suggest to commit it right now so that folks can test it with the
> first alpha release.

I fear, that we've to answer the open questions ourselves later on...

So finally: This is my +1 as release manager and a "go commit".
Masi, could you please take care of the commit an a new bug report that
sums up the open questions/parts? Thanks in advance! :)

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 4.3 Release Manager