[TYPO3-core] RFC #9474: Integrate OpenID authentication support to TYPO3

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Oct 28 15:28:53 CET 2008

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
>> It seems that this great patch will vanish in the air, what a pity!
>>
>> At last, I would find great if the "openid" extension key could be
>> released. I think that I will eventually have another look at the code
>> to see why it needs to be a sysext. And if nothing comes up, I'll take
>> this code and put in under whatever "openid" extension key I find in
>> order to let people benefit of this great work.
>>
>> I feel a bit unhappy to see that even good contributions are lost.
>
> No need to do this, since I'd like to see OpenID as part of TYPO3 4.3
> and it's also on the list of features for the next version.
>
> However, there are some unfinished things (after most of the issues Ingo
> pointed out have been changed in my patch from 2008-10-22):
> * random number generator defined to Auth_OpenID_RAND_SOURCE - this
> should be checked by the security team again for possible issues

IMHO this is now show stopper for an alpha release.

> * naming issue $authentificationInformation vs. $authenticationInformation

Definitely $authenticationInformation ("authentification" is no English
word).

> * store OpenId information in database instead of using the filesystem

An issue that can be changed later.

> * naming issue of $available in tx_openid_sv1::init() (e.g.
> $serviceAvailable)

Nitpicking that can be changed later.

> * Why is the final FE user authentication implemented to use AJAX and is
> there a complement in the back-end?

Odd, but that doesn't hold up the patch,

> As you can see, the patch is almost ready to be committed...

I suggest to commit it right now so that folks can test it with the
first alpha release.

Masi