[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9591: Integrate sys_actions into toolbar

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon Oct 20 22:57:33 CEST 2008

Hi Ingo,

> although I really welcome any comments from you guys I really think that
> it's not needed here as it's just another menu like the clear cache menu
> - nothing really new here. I'd say all this "we need to ask HCI first"
> is totally exagerated for this patch. No offense intended!

Last post in this list about procedures, and no, I do not feel any
offense :)
I read the core list, and quite a few times I am stuck because I do not
know what the hell people are talking about. This was one of these
instances, and it has an HCI/GUI impact: if we have to many icons up
there we might be deprived of any chance to have an icon + the label in
the upper toolbar, because there is not enough space. The problem is,
the more icons you have up there the harder their meaning is to
remember, and then you might want to introduce labels that are visible
immediately, not only after hovering. I had the experience while
introducing my authors into T3 that they did not even try to find out
what is behind those icons ...

Uschi