[TYPO3-core] RFC #9480: Bug/cleanup: Enhance debug information with SQL data

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Oct 17 22:26:03 CEST 2008

Francois Suter wrote:

Hi Francois,

>> debug_lastBuiltQuery is there only if it is enabled. Should this be
>> considered? Also devLog call in this code does not take configuration
>> for devLog.
>
> Both valid points.
>
>> I am not sure why. Simple omission, may be?
>
> I'm not sure all devLog calls in core are properly wrapped in a
> TYPO3_DLOG test. But might as well clean this up :-)

better:
create a "Null-Logger" class that is always present and only gets
replaced by other loggers like devlog.
The Null-Logger would have the same interface as a real logger but does
just nothing else. No output, no logging, nothing.

This would save us the if() checks and we could just call the logger
whereever we want without worrying about whether there's a real logger
or not.

However, I'd suggest to do this in a separate patch.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner