[TYPO3-core] RFC #9505: Make the caches in TYPO3 use the new caching framework

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Oct 7 22:35:54 CEST 2008

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

Hi Xavier,

> Just hope that it will be approved and committed as it seems a good (and
> needed) patch.

I'm a optimist by default, so I guess it'll go in ;)

> BTW I do not know where this +1 / +1 comes from (from Kasper perhaps)
> but personnaly I think that core member contributions should be handled
> a bit quicker by the core team itself. It's good to have RFC but I
> really think that some power is being lost in the way. As core team
> member you are being pushed to the forecast as knowing better than other
> the core, at last, this is my opinion, and are known to write good and
> meaningful code.

That is most likely often the case, but we're only humans ourself so
that's why we also make mistakes. The four-eye review process just makes
sure that these mistakes have a lower chance of slipping through...

> As non-core member but still developer, I would really like a higher
> go-ahead movement by other core members. I'd like to read less
> discussions and more such good commits. And more attention to patches
> that are submitted.

We would like that, too, promissed! It's just not always possible due to
various reasons like the day-to-day job.

Thanks for your encouraging words!
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner