[TYPO3-core] RFC #9505: Make the caches in TYPO3 use the new caching framework

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Oct 7 22:26:35 CEST 2008

Hi Ingo,

> They're needed to fix bugs with the caching framework on one hand side
> and to make things work the way they should on the other hand side.

Just hope that it will be approved and committed as it seems a good (and
needed) patch.

BTW I do not know where this +1 / +1 comes from (from Kasper perhaps)
but personnaly I think that core member contributions should be handled
a bit quicker by the core team itself. It's good to have RFC but I
really think that some power is being lost in the way. As core team
member you are being pushed to the forecast as knowing better than other
the core, at last, this is my opinion, and are known to write good and
meaningful code.

As non-core member but still developer, I would really like a higher
go-ahead movement by other core members. I'd like to read less
discussions and more such good commits. And more attention to patches
that are submitted.

I know that this is fun to develop and less fun to test and review. I
know too that none of us are paid (at last 100%) for their work on the
4.x version of TYPO3. However, I find it unfair to have patch that are
available but are not reviewed or being forced to send reminders.
Personnaly, I have fun with "fast" answers/reviews just as it happened
today with the openid thread. In this very case, I understand that
Dmitry, who wrote the original (big) patch, has other things to do until
Friday or a few more days, but I know that he will eventually test my
(small) patch and give me (and other) feedback about it. But many
patches are not reviewed at all and I personnaly feel it quite
complicated to submit a patch as a non-core member. And I think I simply
will refrain from "remind" it whenever it happens.

As said, I need feedback, I want to contribute to TYPO3 and will
continue to do it, but I think that I just will send it once and
"forget" to remind it, just save it as an automatically applied patch to
new installation until I discover it has being incorporated.

As core member, all of you, you are not only responsible to give the
final "+1" but also to monitor new patches, test them, give feedback or
reject them "quickly" and... let other do the "easy" or "not enjoyable"
job of fixing bugs, I'm just OK with that ;-)

And be reactive and enjoy your patches and new features (or other
whenever it happens with a few non-core members).

A long post to say that I rely on core-members for giving us such new
features and that I want such new features being integrated without
worrying endless.

This was a (long) post to encourage all of you going on "inspiring
people to contribute" :-)

Good night and thanks for all (both core- and non-core members) your
contributions!

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en