[TYPO3-core] RFC #9503: Backend search-menu should not be displayed if list-module is deactivated

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Oct 7 11:20:50 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> I don't know how the search works, but if the serach itself doesn't rely
>> on Web>list it could always perform the search. If no direct hit is
>> found it will have to display a message telling the user that no page
>> was found.
>>
>> Masi
>
> as we don't have an extra module for search (eg one page for displaying
> search results) this might be difficult, whole search works like that -
> showing the exact result or in list the tables with matches.
>
> Removing search looks odd to me because it implicits an important user
> tool which should be there all the time.

And I tried to find a way to use it even if you don't habe Web>List:

When the search finds only one page it will show it (as usual). If it
doesn't it will either switch to Web>List if it's accessible. If it
isn't then it will display a message telling that no pages with the
given id or title exists.

Masi