[TYPO3-core] RFC #9503: Backend search-menu should not be displayed if list-module is deactivated

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Oct 7 11:14:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> I don't know how the search works, but if the serach itself doesn't rely
> on Web>list it could always perform the search. If no direct hit is
> found it will have to display a message telling the user that no page
> was found.
>
> Masi

as we don't have an extra module for search (eg one page for displaying
search results) this might be difficult, whole search works like that -
showing the exact result or in list the tables with matches.

Removing search looks odd to me because it implicits an important user
tool which should be there all the time.

vg Steffen