[TYPO3-core] RFC #9833: [Feature] Sensible Focus/Blur behaviour for toolbar-item menus like OS-menus

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Fri Nov 28 23:16:47 CET 2008

>> It came to my attention that blurring behaviour of toolbar-item menus is
>> desired by some ( or all? :) ).
>
> What does that mean? What should blur and when?

  The "toolbar-item"s which trigger a "toolbar-item-menu" do not close automatically in the moment. There is a special hide-function to at least hide opened menus if you open a new one.
  In standard applications a click on any other screen-area than the initiator will close the displayed element.
  That is what the patch does, it hides the "toolbar-item-menu"s when you click elsewhere.

  That is done by appropriatly use focus/blur, which wasn't "possible" before, because the blur-state was immediatly quit after initiation to occult the focus-outline the browsers regularly show.
  I cleaned up that code, used CSS to quit the outline.

  What I did not fix is that the menu should be correctly nested inside the activator-element, which would allow the menus to be used by keyboard (click/navigate on the menu steals focus).
  That change (nested) would also allow for changing focus/blur to over/out toggle-behaviour.

> Masi

  Ciao
	Niels