[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9822: New rendering method for content elements (lesser markup, cleaner code)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Nov 28 12:33:06 CET 2008

Hi,

> And doesn't each condition blow up the TS cache tables? I never dug into
> tha area of TS parsing but I guess that there must be a performance
> penalty for each condition.

There is, yes. As far as I understand, for the cache tables it's not too
bad, since it is per group of conditions. So the conditions on
compatVersion should always be the same for a given TYPO3 install.

Actually wouldn't it be better to have TS static files per TYPO3
version. So you could choose which one you include when setting up your
site and you wouldn't have compatVersion conditions inside the files?

It would probably make it easier to make more clean up. Such files could
also be made into chunks. Some of the elements types are nearly never
used. It would be nice not to include the TS for them. Less parsing...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter