[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9822: New rendering method for content elements (lesser markup, cleaner code)

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Nov 28 12:12:56 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Hi Steffen,
>>
>> I haven't really got a chance to test the patch. It looks nice, and I
>> appreciate enhancements on that "almost forgotten" part of TYPO3
>> (css_styled_content), but I would try to avoid rushing changes into
>> TYPO3 core which change frontend output, as they they lead to stuff that
>> cannot be changed anymore "forever" (without adding more and more
>> "compatVersion" rules, which just make upgrading uglier each time).
>>

> Adding compatVersion is the suggested way to do such change, as it is
> done in css_styled_content before too. i don't see a big disadvantage,
> as you can set the compatVersion if you like to have old rendering.

It is getting harder each time to guess what changes in the FE if you
raise the compatVersion.

I hesitate to change it for old sites nowadys because I don't like to
fiddle with old CSS.

And doesn't each condition blow up the TS cache tables? I never dug into
tha area of TS parsing but I guess that there must be a performance
penalty for each condition.

Masi