[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9822: New rendering method for content elements (lesser markup, cleaner code)

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Nov 28 11:05:21 CET 2008

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> I haven't really got a chance to test the patch. It looks nice, and I
> appreciate enhancements on that "almost forgotten" part of TYPO3
> (css_styled_content), but I would try to avoid rushing changes into
> TYPO3 core which change frontend output, as they they lead to stuff that
> cannot be changed anymore "forever" (without adding more and more
> "compatVersion" rules, which just make upgrading uglier each time).

Adding compatVersion is the suggested way to do such change, as it is
done in css_styled_content before too. i don't see a big disadvantage,
as you can set the compatVersion if you like to have old rendering.

> So I would appreciate if we could discuss such changes beforehand in the
> typo3.projects.content-rendering team. That team is indeed a bit "quite"
> lately, but I expect that most CSS/rendering experts still read it if
> there are new posts.

imho it's not our workflow to give the patches to different target
groups. All teams like HCI or CRG should read the core-list and post if
they want to discuss the issue before commit.

We don't have clear defined workflows here so we only can do our normal
job with reviewing, testing and voting, finally commit if enough votings
are there.

This issue stands for a while and was committed to trunk only, sothere
is enough time to react until the final release.

vg Steffen