[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9822: New rendering method for content elements (lesser markup, cleaner code)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Nov 28 10:30:45 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

I haven't really got a chance to test the patch. It looks nice, and I
appreciate enhancements on that "almost forgotten" part of TYPO3
(css_styled_content), but I would try to avoid rushing changes into
TYPO3 core which change frontend output, as they they lead to stuff that
cannot be changed anymore "forever" (without adding more and more
"compatVersion" rules, which just make upgrading uglier each time).

So I would appreciate if we could discuss such changes beforehand in the
typo3.projects.content-rendering team. That team is indeed a bit "quite"
lately, but I expect that most CSS/rendering experts still read it if
there are new posts.

Cheers,
Ernesto