[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9674: TCEmain changes for new improved record recycling concept

Julian Kleinhans jk at marketing-factory.de
Tue Nov 18 14:05:12 CET 2008

Hi Xavier,

> This is no +1 or -1 on feature itself but comments after reading
> regarding the patch itself:
>
> - new code does not respect CGL (parenthese next to the "if" w/o blank
> space, no space before curly brace, ...)

Sorry for missing brace. Its fixed now!

> - Description of method canUndeleteRecord is wrong. It does not return a
> boolean but a string, which is not obvious from the method name.
> "canSomething" should return TRUE or FALSE, not a message.

Yes, the method is a copy/paste from the "cannotDeleteRecord" method
above. I have change the description now.

What methodname is better in your eyes ? I took the core methods that
start with a "can*" (tcemain: cannotDeleteRecord for example) as a role
model, which themselves also return either false or a string with the
error description - my method does the same.

> - Please fix the first word of the comment of the method after
> canUndeleteRecord ("Beford" instead of "Before")

fixed

regards
julian