[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5835: Make clear.gif configurable

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 07:45:02 CET 2008

Hi!

Susanne Moog wrote:
> replacing the gif with the div is surely not the perfect solution but it
> is a first step and a thing that annoyed me a long time now so I started
> with it.

I share the same feeling. At least it does not cost extra HTTP
requests for clear.gif. Also I am a believer in the "perfect is the
enemy of the good" principle.

We have national holidays here and I did not test the patch yet. But
I will do and look to alternative solutions proposed. I dislike CSC
rendering for quite some time because it creates a lot of
unnecessary markup and makes rendering dirty (all these DDs for
images with incorrectly closed floats, unused tags, etc).

It is good that you made a patch :) It open a big work on better CSC
rendering :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support