[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5835: Make clear.gif configurable

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Nov 17 18:45:48 CET 2008

Hi,

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hi,
>>
>> At the moment it is not possible to use the spaceBefore and spaceAfter
>> fields with anything but a clear.gif.
>
> That's wrong - with some custom TS you can do a far better
> implementation of additional space then with simply replacing the
> clear.gif with a clear-div. Although replacing the clear.gif with
> something semantically more correct is warmly welcome.
>
> I don't see a real improvement by simply replacing the spacer image by a
> useless spacer div. It it ok for the regular usage in stdWrap - but for
> the default tt_content rendering there are better ways to do.

replacing the gif with the div is surely not the perfect solution but it
is a first step and a thing that annoyed me a long time now so I started
with it.

> For tt_content rendering it would be far better to get rid of the
> prepending anchor and the prepended/appended spacers as well as the
> wrapping div when using a section frame. This can be all done with 1
> single div around the CE - which in my eyes would be the way to go if
> something is going to be changed in the default rendering settings of CSC.
>
> Just for some inspiration.

This looks pretty nice - but I wouldn't even know where to start to
implement something like it (I guess just changing the TS in CSC is not
enough).

Thanks for sharing!

Susanne