[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5835: Make clear.gif configurable

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Nov 16 20:30:09 CET 2008

Susanne Moog schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5835
>
> Branches: trunk

> At the moment it is not possible to use the spaceBefore and spaceAfter
> fields with anything but a clear.gif. This patch makes it configurable
> via typoscript and adds a default non-clear.gif version to
> css_styled_content.
>
> It can be configured with the constant editor.

Using a replacement for the clear.gif is nice, but the way it is
configurable is not. "space" is a stdWrap property, so it is not an
option to make it configurable with the *default* rendering of tt_content.

I fear this has to go to "config". I also thought about adding the
feature to the "space" property like "<widthbefore> | <widthafter> |
<before> | <after>", but this won't work as wrapSpace() is used in the
Core directly.

Masi