[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9415 - "Do" Dropdown in Workspace module doesn't respect users rights

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Nov 11 14:38:44 CET 2008

Hi again,

> you wrote in the bugtracker, that additionally the localization is missing.
> Now that you are working with the file, could you also do that, please?
> I suggest you add the labels to locallang_mod_user_ws.xml, because they are
> only used in the workspace-module.

here is the new patch including the missing localization. I also found
some other hardcoded labels that I moved to locallang now.

I also tried to make the labels of the "do"-dropdown a bit more self
explaining while trying to keep them short - but in my eyes they are
still to cryptic. But more descriptive labels would only enlarge the
dropdown and make the WS view even more confusing.
Does anybody know if title-tags work properly for options in
selectboxes? Haven't tried that yet. But the proper naming might be a
task for HCI.

One label I'm not entirely sure what the action behind is exactly doing
is "flush (delete)". I searched the source for that and found something
in the versioning part of T3 that says that it (probably) will delete
every version ever created based on the current live version. But I'm
not entirely sure. Maybe the author of this dropdown box can explain it
and the use of it for editors in WS module - looks more like a admin
function to me so that it should be hidden from regular editors (which
it currently isn't). But this could be done for 4.3beta or something.

Would be nice if this bugfix could be part of 4.3alpha. Thanks.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch